Monday, March 1, 2010

boyfriends & idols

Bella has always been a wee bit boy crazy. She had her first kiss when she was only 4, by an older, mature, 7 year old neighbor boy in our backyard. I could have slugged him - but she was on cloud nine. {I assure you, many parental measures were taken to ensure that never happened again.} So, it's no shocker that when this boy took the American Idol stage last week, she exclaimed:
"Ooooh baby, he's HOT!" {Which he is, in a cute little High-School-Musical type of way...which let's be honest is the only reason he's still in the competition.}

But it was surprising this afternoon when Azure shushed us all so she could call her boyfriend on her pink princess play cell phone.
Me:What? You don't have a boyfriend.
Az: Oh yes I do.
Me: Really? Who is it?
Az: A boy in my class. Hmm, what is his name again? Oh yeah, Liam.
Me: Really? Liam? {at least it's a sweet little boy from church}
Az: Yep. I love him. And he loves me.
Me: {aaaah!} So what do you do with Liam?
Az: {silence}
Me: Do you play with him at recess?
Az: Yep.
Me: Do you give him hugs?
Az: Yep.
Me: Do you hold his hand?
Az: Yep.
Me: Do you give him kisses?
Az: Nooooo!!!!
Me: Just so you remember, kissing boys is NOT allowed.
Az: Oh! Bleh! Of course! I'm not going to kiss him until I'm 79 !
Me: {big fat sigh of relief} OK. that sounds like a good plan.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Oh my goodness. That is the cutest thing I have heard in a long time!