Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Glee


I keep thinking that I'm going to sit and write a fabulous and witty review of my favorite new telivision show...but it just hasn't happened. So instead, I will just tell you that I am LOVING Glee. There's just something about show choir that makes my little nerdy heart sing. It's not exactly a family show - there are lots of snippets about teenage hormonal trials - but the music (ah the music!) is fabulous.

I record it, and then let my kids watch the performance pieces the next day, and the day after that, and the day after that...and they love it, and they memorize the songs, and we have spontaneous dance parties...and I love those moments...because I'm not thinking about all the laundry I have to fold, or the dust bunnies I need to chase down...I'm just laughing and singing and dancing with the people I love most...and it makes me LOVE being a mom.

So, in summary...watch Glee and you'll be a better mom. (not that you're a bad mom to start with - but that's a great reason to make your husband relinquish the remote control to you for the night.)

And if you want to get a taste of what you're in for -check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUBfXInqxQE

Oh yeah, it's on Fox on Wednesday nights at 8pm. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I LOVE it too! I struggled for the first couple episodes because they were so vastly diffrent from eachother but the music brings me back every time and I am now hooked. I upload the music onto my ipod after every episode. Can't wait for tonight! LOVE IT!!!!

Jen and Kent said...

Cumorah - I finally took your advice and programed my DVR to record it. I have a few episodes now to watch so I just need to sit down and do it. It sounds like a fun show!