Monday, November 8, 2010

Emmett & the Spoken Word


Not surprisingly. This boy is loud. Dan is loud. I am loud. My other three children are loud. It's to be expected, for sure.
What I am constantly surprised by, is all the screaming this little cutie-patootie does.
I am certain once he is able to communicate more clearly, the screaming will subside, and chirps of, "Mommy, I love you, you are the best mommy in the whole wide world, and I just want to hug you and hug you" will drip from his precious little lips.
Until then, we are familiar with screaming, but also enamored by this blue eyed boy when he utters any of the few words he knows.
His first word was DADDY, followed shortly by YEAH (as in, do you want some more banana? "Yeah".) MOMMY came next, then UH-OH (which seems to be his favorite and is oh-so-adorable), he can mimic the sounds for BELLA, CAL, and BOTTLE, but isn't exactly there yet, and he's getting quite close to POOPY.
His favorite song is "I Like to Move It Move It". He shakes his hips, bobs his head, and attempts to sing along every time we hear it (which thanks to Calvin, is often). In fact, I'm pretty sure that's where he picked up "YEAH". Maybe next he'll be crawling around saying, "back it up, back it up, back it up, yo."
Man, here's hoping. I'm dusting off a spot for my Super-Mom of the Year trophy this very second!

No comments: