Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Be Mine

I don't know if I'm starting to grow up, or just getting older, but Valentine's Day was good, and quiet, and without grand expectations - and it was wonderful that way! Usually, I get Dan something fabulous, and expect that he gets me something equally as fabulous, and generally end up disappointed for days (sorry honey!) But this year was different. I honestly didn't expect anything. And it was liberating. I didn't get Dan anything except a card, and it was awesome. We agreed that our gift would be to just spend time together - which we did - and it was so nice. We got a babysitter, went out for dinner, saw a movie, came home, and well, this is a family blog...so I'll stop at that. Suffice it to say, it was a great day.
And then on Sunday, my sweet little Valentines helped make lovey cookies to give to our cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents.
We spent the evening with all of the above said family at Grammy's house where she fixed us a sweet dinner, with lots of decorations, heart shaped ice cubes, individual heart cakes for dessert, Valentine glow sticks and balloons, of course! It couldn't have been better. All in all - one of the best Valentine's weekends ever.
On a side note, this is Azure's cute class at school on their way to deliver Valentines to the principal. Love her school. Love her teacher. Love her principal. Love that she has such great friends in her class!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: