Monday, August 24, 2009

First & K

Bella did NOT want us to take her to school on the first day.
She wanted to ride the bus with her friends.
Lydia, Bella, Kyle & Justin -
Just a few of the neighborhood friends that my kids played with all day every day this summer

Azure - lined up and ready for class in the dress she picked out with Grammy.


Someone already thinks she's too cool for school

Well the day has come. My sweet little baby Bella is in school all day long!!! I can't even believe it. Everyone who's already raised kids tells you to cherish every minute because they grow up soooo fast - and while I'm in the near-zombified state of new-baby-ness - each day and night seems to drag on soooo long, that I would heartily disagree. But then I look at my "older" kiddies and all they are accomplishing, and think, "It's true! It's so true!"
These pics are from the first day of school. Bless my AMAZING neighbors who fought to get our bus stop back! I really need my girls to be able to ride the bus this year. Az is only half day, so she gets to ride home on the bus, while Bella loves to be able to ride it to and from school.
Bella had a good first day, except that she had to eat lunch alone at the "Peanut Table" since she had a pb&j for lunch. I had no idea my kid would be singled out for what she packed in her lunchbox. I felt terrible! Now we know, and turkey & cheese it is! She likes her teacher and is excited for everything being a first grader has to offer!
Azure was very, very ready to start school - and she's in a class with three of her great little friends - so she wasn't nervous one bit. We were hugging her and telling her goodbye and she just waved and said, "Yeah, ok. I'll see you later..." and was ready to rock & roll. Mrs. J is in for some laughs - there is never a dull moment with that girl around!

3 comments:

Robin said...

Your kids are darling. So sweet. Isn't the PBJ thing crazy? And it makes lunch more expensive. I want to come over and hug Emmett.

The Goulds said...

so cute....my question is how come they don't have a table for the few kids that are allergic to peanut butter....I don't think that the ones that aren't should be the ones at the special table. And I agree with Robin it makes lunches more expensive & not as easy. Your girls are beautiful!

Jenni said...

What cute pictures!!!I can't believe Azure is in K and Bella in 1st grade! How time flies. How fun they get to ride the bus. I am so behind on blogging these days...maybe sometime I will catch up. Give baby Emmett a hug for me!